If you open Internet Explorer, and the BlueSocket login page doesn’t come up:
Delete Temporary Internet files:
- Close the Internet browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Delete Temporary Internet Files (check “Delete offline content”).
Check to make sure the wireless card is enabled:
- On newer laptops, with the wireless card onboard (inside), there are usually hotkeys or hardware buttons to press to turn on the wireless antenna. A typical hotkey combination is FN + F2 (look for the key with a wave representation). Hold down the FN key and press the F? key. A wireless indicator light should display somewhere.
- On machines where the wireless card is attached externally, go to Start > Programs > and look for the Wireless (or wlan) program. Click on the program, and then enable the wireless card (click on “Wireless Enable, or Wireless Off”).
If the wireless antenna does not automatically acquire LTCC:
- From step b) above, or if Windows controls the wireless connection, go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > double-click the Wireless Connection.
- Look for a tab pertaining to available networks (site).
- Select LTCC from available networks and click connect.
- In a few seconds, the status of the LTCC network should change to “connected”.
- Open up Internet Explorer.
- Accept the “Security Alert”.
- A BlueSocket login page should display. Enter an e-mail address in the upper left-hand corner and click login.
If the “Available Networks” does not display the LTCC network:
- Click on the Start button > Right-click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.
- Expand Network Adapters. Double-click on the wireless adapter.
- Check to make sure it is enabled and working properly.
If the adapter is working properly:
- The wireless antenna sees the LTCC network, but does not connect.
- Click on the Start button > Control Panel > Network Connections.
- Double-click on the Wireless Connection > Properties.
- Select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” > click Properties.
- Write down these settings in case you need to reconfigure them later.
- Select the buttons:
Click OK, OK, and Close out of the menus until you are back to Network Connections.
Go back to the Wireless program from the Programs menu and attempt a connection to LTCC again.
- Obtain an IP address automatically
- Obtain DNS server address automatically