- Currently, the LTCC wireless network can be accessed only in the Library Resource Center (LRC).
- The entire LRC building is a "hot spot" - you do not need to sit in one specific area to gain access.
- 802.11a/b/g protocols are supported on the LTCC Wireless Network.
- You must navigate wireless connectivity without staff assistance.
- LTCC cannot guarantee that any given device will connect.
- Wall Ethernet ports are not available for Internet connectivity.
- It is very important that you have up-to-date anti-virus software, anti-spyware software, and a firewall installed on your computer. In addition, your computer's operating system and Internet browser should be current with updates.
Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of each user to protect his or her computer against any potential abuse such as viruses, malware and breach of privacy. LTCC assumes no responsibility for any direct or indirect damages arising from the use of its connection to Internet services.
- You should use a surge suppressor when plugging your laptop into an electrical outlet.
Disclaimer: Electrical power is subject to periodic spikes, which can damage unprotected equipment. The college is NOT responsible for any damage to your equipment if you do connect to our power.
Printing is not available from the wireless network.
(A way to get around this is to save what you want to print on a floppy or flash drive, then transfer the info to one of our public computers. You can print from one of them).
General instructions for connecting to the wireless network:
- Make sure the wireless network card in your laptop is on.
- View available wireless networks.
- Connect to the LTCC Wireless Network.
- Open your Internet browser. It should automatically redirect to our wireless login screen.
- Make sure your browser is not blocking pop-ups from our site.
- Click "YES" to accept the security certificate and proceed (if necessary).
- Login by typing your email address in the "Guests" box and click "Log In."
- Your browser should then be redirected to the LTCC Wireless Network page.
- Please read the documents outlining your responsibilities for using the wireless network.
For further information regarding wireless service / issues contact the Computer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone (530) 541-4660 ext. 400.